“Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer.” ~Author Unknown
CARING Volunteer: Ute Springs is now recruiting C.A.R.I.N.G. Crew team members to help us impart our mission of empowering social-emotional leadership through adventure-based experiences. Our core values of Compassion, Adventure, Relationships, Integrity, Nature, and Giving Back is intentionally woven into each of our programs. These values are more important now than ever before.
The C.A.R.I.N.G. Crew is looking for parents, teachers and community members to help ensure the mission of Ute Springs Experiential Learning Center has a strong presence in ALL of our amazing programs we offer.
What you will gain:
– An understanding of social emotional development stages from elementary through high school;
– Development of tools to implement C.A.R.I.N.G. curriculum within school, afterschool, multi-day programs and summer camp;
– Olweus (go here to learn about Olweus) Anti-Bullying strategies;
– Behavior management techniques;
– A priceless experience of making a difference in the lives of the amazing youth in our community;
– The joy of both learning and mentoring;
– One step closer to a positive balance in your karmic bank.
– Certification in 1st Aid/CPR (this is a requirement for all volunteers, with a supplemental fee of $20.)
– Background checks are required.
– We will be outside for portions of each training day so prepare accordingly.
Ute Springs Ambassadors & Event Volunteers: Ute Springs Ambassadors have the opportunity to help us showcase the great things happening in our programs and within our community. As an Ambassador/Event volunteer commitments may including: helping to staff a booth at one of the many upcoming community fairs/events, helping develop and create a fundraising event that supports Ute Springs, assisting with marketing for programs and/or events, and working closely with Ute Springs staff in spreading the word about who we are and what we do.
Ute Springs Program Volunteers:
School-Based Programs: Currently Ute Springs is offering five school-based programs that will continue throughout the 2016-2017 school year. Volunteering for a school program may include: taking part in our Afterschool Adventure Clubs at either Homestake Peak School or Red Hill Elementary School; taking a trip out to Mountain Valley Horse Rescue to volunteer for one of our upcoming enrichment days*; helping students 8-10 years old participate in the 4-H Horseless Horse program (a collaboration between 4-H, Ute Springs & Mountain Valley Horse Rescue)*; or spend some time at Sylvan Lake during one of our overnight adventures!
Summer Programs: Summer is right around the corner and as we gear up for another adventure filled year we are looking for volunteers to help us facilitate programs at our base camps. Summer volunteers will have the opportunity to share their outdoor skills, knowledge and interests with campers from 7-17 years old. Base Camp Volunteers help provide enriching activities for campers during their down times or help complete a service project that enriches the community as a whole!
* Indicates that volunteers MUST complete the Basic Horse Connector training in order to be eligible for these programs.